- HAL students will develop advanced levels of thinking skills.
- HAL students will increase abilities to work independently, consider the appropriateness of available resources and evaluate the success of their own achievements.
- HAL students will attain sophisticated levels of writing skills.
- HAL students will show independence and autonomy as a learner achieving high levels of motivation and academic drive.
- HAL students will participate in either WordMasters Challenge, a national vocabulary/analogy competition or Noetic Math, a national math competition.
- HAL teachers will support classroom teachers as they develop differentiated curriculum alternatives for HAL learners.
- HAL teachers will model grade appropriate KOI activities in the primary classrooms to support teachers in identifying gifted potential in young students.
- HAL teachers will maintain strong relationships with parents through effective communication.